Thursday, June 19, 2008

Quirky House



Well, I am finally getting to posting photos of our new quirky house. It was built in 1929 so it has some things happening in it that are a little strange by today's standards. All the previous owners seemed to have their say about how it should look and now we have the chance to have ours as well! The house is a great place for kids, with a secret walk-through closet into the kids rooms upstairs, a strange little closet under the stairs and a really narrow passage way to the front door, as well as a basement with exposed rock good for playing tag in and a dog house for Mark...just kidding! One thing it doesn't have is window screens which is great for the cats, but not for me trying to keep them in the house! At least there are no mosquitos. The previous owners weren't much for gardening so the gardens are a little (!) wild at the moment. We are hoping to get there this summer, but we will see.

I have started removing the lovely wall paper that seems to be everywhere. I think some of it must be really old because I don't remember the last time I saw gold wall paper at Home Depot...! I have to keep reminding myself that I can only start one project at a time. There are so many that we want to do.






We're home!


Picnic in the kitchen.


Kitchen door.


Blue kitchen.....


The wall paper scene in the window to no-where


Some lovely wall paper in the spare room. Note the gold wall paper in the closet...


Secret walk-through closet from loft to Kian's room.

No comments: