Friday, April 25, 2008

Found a House!

My new favourite thing!

Checking out the snow balls before they disappear for the season!
Last weekend we made it out to Victoria for our house hunting trip. Kian was amazing on the plane and adjusted the same day to the time change. He adjusted the same day once we got home as well!

Victoria was beautiful, although I don't know if I believe the people who say that it is always warm and sunny since it was cold and even snowed while we were there. We started looking at houses as soon as we got off the plane. Kian was really good, although he had had enough of getting in and out of the car after about 6 houses and we decided to call it a day. The following day Kian spent the afternoon with daddy and mommy did a 6 hour tour of Victoria and looked at 20 houses. Things get a bit blurry after about 4 or 5 but I did manage to get a short list of 4 and then we added one we hadn't seen the next day. That one sprung a leak as we were looking at it! Not just a small one either. Water was pouring into the basement!

We decided that we really liked a character house built in 1929. It is a great house for Kian to grow up in with lots of little quirks and hiding places. We may regret it when he gets in trouble and he decides to hide from us for hours! It is 2300 square feet of living space on a quarter acer of land with a long sloped driveway and mature trees! The house is across the street from a golf course which has a cedar chip trail around it as well a great duck pond. I know Kian and I will be feeding the ducks often. I think that we are really going to enjoy our new city and the challenges that will go along with it.

Kian is getting his 4 top teeth at the moment. I was wondering why my sleep pattern was getting worse! He is really fast on his hands and knees and the cats now scatter when I put him on the ground. He started climbing the stairs yesterday so I had to break down and actually install the baby gate. I was hoping to not have to unpack it only to pack it again shortly. He went on the swings in the park for the first time and LOVED them. The slide and see saw weren't very interesting yet but I'm sure that will come.

Look what I can do! Sneaking up on Sozi.
My fire truck!

No comments: