Friday, November 13, 2009

Dead Fish!


Cuddles with dad.

I was hoping to announce the new arrival to the family but instead I'm writing about dead fish.

November 11th was a good day to avoid the crowds of downtown (in case we had to make a run for the hospital) and go out to Goldstream Park to see the salmon run. My mom is now in town with us and has never seen the salmon run. Since we are all now waiting around for the imminent arrival and going a little stir-crazy in the house we decided it would be a nice treat.

About a week ago I was getting in the car with a friend when her little one decided to tell me about all the dead fish he had seen at the beach. I thought that was pretty funny and decided to tell Mark the story. I guess Kian was listening a little closer than I thought because as we pulled into Goldstream Park the three of us heard a little voice in the back seat of the car say "dead fish!". Of course we all thought that was hilarious and then got out to put on our rubber boots and coats so that we could see all the fish in the stream. Kian was running up and down the banks of the stream telling everyone there that there were dead fish in the water. Of course we thought that was funny but I think most people thought we were probably teaching our child a few strange things. I must say that there weren't all that many dead fish this year and it wasn't nearly as smelly as it was when we went last year for the first time.

If you ask Kian now what he saw at the stream he still tells you that he saw "dead fish". Nothing about the live ones swimming up stream.

As for this baby... since today is the "official" due date I decided that I would take the family out to the park and fly a kite. Kian loves to fly his kite so I chased after it for a while and then while Mark was pushing him in the swing decided to go for a bounce on the industrial see-saw. It's a see-saw that has these huge springs instead of the traditional type up-down that needs two people. I'm hoping that after half an hour on there as well as the kite chasing that I will be able to blog the baby's arrival next instead of some more adventures in "wait-ville"!


Hi Mommy!


I'm taller than you are, daddy!


Having fun with mom and Oma.


Feeding the bunnies at U Vic.

No comments: