Monday, November 2, 2009

Tick or Eat in the Hauny House


A "green" crayon, apparently....

I think the month of October went by WAAAAY to quickly! I don't remember even blinking and it is now November!


Kian and daddy pick out pumpkins

Kian got to go to the pumpkin patch again this year to pick out his pumpkin. The highlight of his day was getting to ride on the tractor out to the patch and back. I don't think we could have asked for a bigger smile! We didn't actually get around to carving the pumpkin but I don't think it really would have mattered since we don't get "tick or eater's" at our house anyway. (To be honest with you, I wouldn't trick or treat at our place either with the long steep windy driveway all for a piece of candy?)










Kian practiced his "trick or treat" for about two weeks before he was able to use it. When he was finally able to use his new words on halloween it was "tick or eat". Very cute for our little crayon who insisted that he was green and not blue when he was asked what colour he was. He was a very good trick or treater and always said thank you to everyone and always put every piece of candy in his little bag. As a treat at the end he got to chose something to have. I felt really guilty taking out all the stuff that I knew he wouldn't eat or like once he went to bed because he was so good. Guess mom and dad will just rot their teeth instead of him!


WOW! They gave me candy and mom let me have it!


Window shopping

Gymnastics seems to be a highlight for the week of the little bundle of energy. Mark and I heard about Lynn (his instructor) and the "hauny house" all weekend because they built one at gymnastics class and Kian spend pretty much all the free time in it. The day before I had taken him to a play group where there was a "hauny house" and spend the hour and a half chasing him out of the gym area and through the "hauny house". The woman at the door thought it was really funny. Me? Not so much since I'm really pregnant now!


Tickle my toes daddy!


Wheel barrow


Foam pit with daddy

Speaking of pregnant, I'm just about done now. Actually, I'm done, Spud doesn't seem to agree. My mom gets here in a couple days and then I will definitely be done anytime! The spare room is finally painted and has a new bed. There are a few minor details that need to be finished but most likely won't happen until the next room gets started since we need somethings that will get purchased at that time and don't have a place to store them until then. We have had our first fire in our new fireplace and it was really nice. Two projects done, now to get on with the rest of the house!

The Olympic flame came through Victoria on Friday. Kian and I went downtown and met Mark at work. Actually we just invaded one of the vacant offices and had a better view than if we had been on the ground. Kian was also contained to a floor in the building rather than the street where I would have been chasing him again.


Torch relay


Olympic torch going by


Torch bearers

No comments: