Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Fire Station


Know where we are going today?


Hold on to your firemen hats! We are at the fire station!

Kian has been obsessed with Fireman Sam, and anything fire related, for months now so I thought I would try to book a tour of the fire station in Saanich. I didn't want to tell him a head of time because I would get "right now?" for the two weeks prior to the big tour. He was so good the week before the tour that it became the special treat that was worth every minute in his mind. (If anyone reading this post has not had a tour of the fire station in their area and they have small kids, it is well worth it. Usually the tour is free, too.) He was so excited about the firemen and the trucks. I have never seen him listen so well! We had a great time and I'm sure we will be back since I heard " right now?" before we even left the parking lot!

Thanks for the tour to all the firemen at Station #1!


Kian driving the fire boat


Julean and Colin hitching a ride on the fire boat


Driving the fire truck! Wow, mommy, wow!


This truck is really big!


Fireman Craig : " Does anyone know what these are?"
Kian: "Ya, the jaws-of-life!"
Fireman Craig: " uhhhhh!! Ya..."


Fireman Craig talking about the ladder truck. Obviously Kian looks like he could care less!


Eventually Fireman Craig stopped talking to the rest of the group and only talked to Kian.


I think this photo speaks for itself!


Thanks to the firemen at Saanich Station #1!

No comments: