Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February Update - actually more like January Update!

Ok I.m just trying to keep up with the kids I really don't know when I will get time to keep up with the blog!  

January flew by and I really can't remember what happened, actually so did February.  I think that is becoming a theme for this blog.  Julean is officially walking, trying to run after his brother.  He thinks he is faster than he is, or maybe I think he should be slower than he is.  That is more likely the case.  He tries to do anything his big brother is doing, as I'm sure all younger children do, including the cheesy grin that Kian used to give when I take the camera out. 

Kian is still loving preschool and has officially stopped saying goodbye to me now when I drop him off.  Teacher Sue gets a really big hello though....  It's hard to get him to leave too.  Some days there are tears.  If only I could leave him there all day....  He is back in gymnastics, during the week this time so we could free up the weekends to spend with dad.  He is in the gym bugs class which means that I have to try to entertain Julean on the sidelines while he watches his brother do all kinds of fun things.  I have noticed that the listening-to-the-teacher skills are really starting to improve.  I just wish that they would improve with me at home!

At the end of January we had a visit from Angela.  It was great to see her and catch up on old times.  We miss the old neighbourhood, at least all the neighbours, although I can't say one bad thing about the neighbours we have now.  We tried to entice her into moving to the west coast by showing her the mountains and the ocean but alas she went home.  Hopefully we will see her again soon :).

Mark and I are doing well.  The weeks seem to fly by and I don't have anything to show for them.  The renovations are slow going.  I got a quote from a drywall guy for some insane amount to just plaster the holes and tape the seams.  Looks like we will be doing that ourselves, too.  At least all the drywall is now up and ready to go when we don't feel so tired....

Some photos to catch up with our lives in the last couple months.

Ang feeding the peacocks

Boys in the Cyprus tree

Having a cuddle with Ang, alright, her phone!

Making stew

For two

Walking at Boxton Green

Picnic on the rocks

A harbour seal waiting for fish scraps from the fishermen who just came in

Having to fight the seagulls for them and losing out to them.



Opa's visit 
Mom and Julean on the "boinger" - that's a teeter-toter with large springs underneath

Julean enjoying the swing with Opa

and some CHOCOLATE that Opa brought....

Kian sweeping the patio

I'm pretty sure this was a bath night....

Julean at gymnastics

No comments: