Friday, January 29, 2010

Sleep.....


Bob the Builder


9 week Teddy Bear



As I sit here thinking I better update the blog while I'm still awake, I'm listening to one child crying and have the other asleep on my arm. I think I'm happy that it is finally Friday and that maybe tomorrow will be sunny and we can really wear the older one out by running him to death!

We are trying to get Kian to finally fall asleep on his own in his own bed. He was doing great for a while and then things regressed (no this was way before Julean came around) and we are back to Mark having to lie with him until he falls asleep, which usually means that Mark falls asleep too. This, as you can imagine, causes a few problems when you want to do something else during the evening, like clean up the kitchen, watch a movie, go out, etc. I'm just hoping this is not a three hour episode and he will fall asleep soon! Julean, on the other hand, is a fabulous sleeper and is sleeping through all the noise. He actually sleeps better when there is lots going on around him. Oh to be a second child!

As for what else we have been up to, not too much. Mark now had his cast off so he can help out with swimming lessons and gymnastics. His soccer season is done though, much to his disappointment. Gardening has started, actually it never really ended, so we are out when we can be trying to get the beds dug up somewhat before all the bulbs are really in bloom and the roots chock everything else out. That is definitely a job and a half! Our renos were on hold for a bit due to the broken leg but hopefully will get back into the swing of things shortly.

That's about all for the moment. I think that all the crying is starting to get to me and I have to either find a new room to sit in or go and calm him down for a few minutes!

Some updated photos.


Julean is his exersaucer (9 weeks)


Julean (8 weeks) in his bath


Finger painting (Mark decided that Kian needed finger paints so that he could let his creative side out. I said that's fine but you get to watch him. There is a reason we only finger paint at play groups! Mark was then complaining what a mess he was making and the activity was cut short after two beautiful paintings were made.)

Back at the Sydney aquarium with my friend Katie and her mom and dad.

Holding hands with my friend Katie


Touch tank


Cool starfish


Double decker boys

No comments: