Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pre-School!

Kian in his cubby.


Kian has started pre-school. He was so excited to go that he kept asking me if it was time to leave yet as soon as he got up in the morning. It was a big day for him and, I think, a bigger day for me.

Kian is at a co-op pre-school which means that there is a lot of parent participation. It's a great school and I have heard nothing but positive things about it. Teacher Sue is fantastic with the kids and they all love her! Parents have a duty day where they participate in the school and help with the kids and clean up and they have a"job" for the year. My job is to make paint and play dough for 7 weeks over the next ten months. I can't say that I won't enjoy doing that!

Kian's first day I was a duty parent. I think that made the transition for me to pre-school so much easier. I was able to watch him at school and didn't feel like I had just left him there. In fact, I don't think that he really noticed that I was there at all! Julean got to have a play date with his little friends and was just as tired when he got home as Kian was. They both had a three hour nap and didn't want lunch when they got home. Julean actually missed Kian while he was at pre-school and was so happy to see him when he got home.

Here are some photos of the first day of school and a couple others.



Play dough


Snack time! Boy is he starving at snack time!


In his cubby with some of the other kids in his class


At the end of the morning getting stickers.


Aaaah, what pre-school does to the boys!


Driving the car by himself now....



So proud of himself for getting to eat the banana on his own.



Julean hit the jack pot! An Oreo cookie!


Picking carrots in the garden....

No comments: